Last week, I flew up to Minneapolis to spend some time with my sister-in-law, Lindsay. We had a great time eating, shopping, and catching up on some much needed sleep! It was a very nice little vacation for me since I have not had a break really since Matt had his stroke a year ago. While I was away, Papa (Matt's dad) came down to Shreveport and spent the weekend with the boys. They went to a wildlife zoo complete with alligators and peacocks...and also took Theydon to see Tigger and Pooh Live. He LOVED it!!!! Some more fun followed with trick or treating with the Taylor boys...now Theydon is totally learning all about this "candy" stuff!
I mentioned above that it has been a year now since Matt's stroke. I realize I don't really give many updates more as he is pretty much been the same for awhile. He still has no real movement in his hand, he can close it, but cannot open it. His left arm functions pretty well and he is walking better and better. However, his big goal is to be able to run and he has not quite gotten there just yet. It has been such a frustrating year, more tough than I really could've imagined actually. However, I have seen God's grace and love for us probably more during this past year than I ever have in my entire life. It has been a horrible, heart-breaking, emotional experience so far, and I feel we have learned alot. I have seen God's face clearer than I ever have before. And we are committed to finding Matt more help, and to continue to get him more rehab and pray that God will continue to heal him! We are so thankful for all of you, we would NOT have survived this without you and your help. Please continue to pray for us as we truly feel the prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment